Ministry Employment Opportunities
Messianic Vision, Inc., the Christian/spirit filled/charismatic parent organization of the popular faith-based TV show It’s Supernatural!, has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant. This is an in-house position at the ministry’s office in Charlotte, NC. Please read our Statement of Faith here.
Ministry Employee Expectations
- Understand that MVI is a Christian organization whose purpose is to spread the Gospel of Yeshua (Jesus) to the world.
- Agree that the purpose of their employment with MVI is to further its Christian purpose.
- Acknowledge Yeshua (Jesus) as their personal Savior.
- Maintain a personal and active relationship with Yeshua (Jesus).
- Participate in daily/weekly MVI prayer meetings as schedule permits.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Full-Time or Part-Time)
In this key Staff Accountant role, you will be responsible for performing accounting functions requiring thorough knowledge of general accounting methods, principles, and practices. Develop and implement solutions to daily accounting issues and prepare accurate and timely financial reports. The activities are moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and financial statements.
- Efficiently and accurately close month end including preparation of journal entries, supporting schedules, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and audits
- Assist all levels of management with month-end questions relating to financial performance.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of company accounting policies, financial systems, transaction processes, internal controls, and chart of accounts.
- Maintain data integrity in the financial systems to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Complete and reconcile monthly royalty payments
- Assist with AP processing and check printing
- Reconcile AR accounts and resolve billing inquiries as required
- Assist in maintaining vendor files and update information accordingly
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Experience working with accounting software
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work and interact well with others and develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Thrives under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines
- Adept at prioritization and understanding sense of urgency
- Heart for Christian Ministry
- Person of strong moral character and integrity
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check back in the near future for new ministry opportunities.