Ministry Employment Opportunities
Messianic Vision, Inc., the Christian/spirit filled/charismatic parent organization of the popular faith-based TV show It’s Supernatural!, has an immediate opening for a junior accountant. This is an in-house position at the ministry’s office in Charlotte, NC. Please read our Statement of Faith here.
Ministry Employee Expectations
- Understand that MVI is a Christian organization whose purpose is to spread the Gospel of Yeshua (Jesus) to the world.
- Agree that the purpose of their employment with MVI is to further its Christian purpose.
- Acknowledge Yeshua (Jesus) as their personal Savior.
- Maintain a personal and active relationship with Yeshua (Jesus).
- Participate in daily/weekly MVI prayer meetings as schedule permits.
The junior accountant must possess basic mathematical skills, the ability to analyze figures, knowledge of accounting principles, and excellent verbal & written skills. The junior accountant must be able to multi-task, establish priorities, organize efficiently, and be detail oriented. Knowledge of computers and familiarity with accounting software is also essential. A representative list of duties are:
- Manage the A/P invoice flow through the office from incoming mail/email
- Acquire approvals for all invoices
- Input approved invoices into A/P system
- Select invoices due for payment
- Print the edit list for the weekly payment run and provide to the Controller for review & approval
- Print checks for the weekly payment run after receiving approval of the edit list
- Enter ACH and Wire payments into the banking platform for review & approval
- Make online payments
- Create and send the positive pay file to the bank
- File invoices and other documentation
- Review and reconcile all vendor statements
- Research vendor discrepancies
- Enter new vendors in the A/P system for approval
- Maintain vendor card/files
- Assist with issuing annual 1099 statement
- Assist with the annual worker’s compensation audit
- Upload receipts and code credit card transactions in the credit card system
- Create A/R invoices for approval
- Mail/email A/R invoices to customers
- Research customer discrepancies
- Assist with the annual external audit (pulling backup information as requested)
- Pull the monthly royalty reports
- Reconcile the monthly royalty payments
- Enter and pay the monthly royalty payments
- File monthly sales and use tax report and remit the payment
- Enter daily bank transmittal information into the accounting system
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash
- Assist with Month-End Closing for proper financial statement preparation
- Assist with monthly financial statement review
- Assist with year- end closing
- Assist the Controller with projects as needed
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A 2-year college degree in accounting and/ or 5 years’ experience in the field
- Minimum 3 years’ Experience in working with accounting software
- Read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language
- Must have good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively respond to questions from staff at all levels of the organization
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Must have the ability to think and carry through on details of a project from start to finish
Please check back in the near future for new ministry opportunities.